Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Slow Sunday...

I haven't been feeling well today.  I woke up this morning with my head pounding but tossed down a few Advil and headed out to church.  I am entering week three of my Sunday morning class with the Young Adults.  Great group of people in the class and I enjoy teaching and learning from then during the class.  Hopefully I don't bore them to death.

After getting home from lunch the headache was back and the light was bothering my eyes.  Figured then that I was in for the day.  Since it was raining in St. Pete, the IRL race was cancelled and that gave me a perfect opportunity to try and slip in a Sunday afternoon nap.  Don't know why, but I just can't get in the habit of napping.

So instead of napping I performed my normal Sunday task of doing laundry.  I am not sure when in my marriage that laundry became my responsibility but it did.  For years now I have been doing the laundry on Sunday while I watch sports.  In the past when Lindsey and Daniel were still at home I wasn't able to get finished on a Sunday so Jacqui and I would always have to finish up during the remainder of the week.  Now that is just to two of us I have no problem getting through all our laundry in just the afternoon.

Over the years I have become fairly opinionated with respect to the proper way to separate, wash and fold clothing.  I don't pretend that my way is the best way but I do hate when someone else, including Jacqui, does the laundry and it isn't done 'my' way.  So now I do the laundry on Sunday's.

How was your Sunday?

Cheers

Gary J.

No comments:

Post a Comment