Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another Saturday Down...

Spent another Saturday at the office. Jacqui (wife) and Lindsey (daughter) headed up to Central Florida Bible Camp this morning early, so my day started earlier than I wanted. Missed having my usual Saturday morning breakfast with Jacqui. She had six hours of driving doing the there an back in one day so she is excused for canceling on me. So I got up and went to the office...

We are closing in on our first filing deadline of the year so there were plenty of extensions to review today. Kept me busy. Had a tax provision to review towards the end of the day. After reviewing it is now 2 for 2. Both provisions I have reviewed at the new firm have been done wrong in prior years. When I see something done wrong I always wonder if it was due to a lack of knowledge, talent or effort. One of those had to be involved.

I am constantly amazed when I see sloppy work. Drives me crazy. Something in my personality has a very high standard for others and I get upset when other don't try thier hardest. Now I've got to go to the audit partner and explain why this thing is wrong. As with the first one, the audit partner will spend two or three days trying to prove that I am wrong only to come back and admit that they signed of on a bad report in the prior year.

Not complaing, just wishing people would make a bigger effort. Let's do thing right. Not cut corners to make an extra buck.

Going to go now. Working on a Young Adults class for church in the morning. Talking about "What God Wants". I think class one will focus on "Why should we care?" I mean, if we don't understand why it is important, or worse than that, don't care why it is important...why even teach the class. It surprises me when people show up each week, but live thier lives putting themselves first. Maybe I'll save this 'speech' for another day but we have got to get ourselves out of the way of our own salvation. We think about we so much, that we worry more about we than we should.

Out of here for now. I'll be back tomorrow. One day someone beside me will read these....Maybe....

Gary D.

No comments:

Post a Comment