Thursday, March 18, 2010

Move over!! Please....

Since I set the world straight yesterday with regards to chewing gum etiquette. Today I thought I might take on another subject on which the world can use my insight.

Let's talk about the left lane on the Interstate/Turnpike.

MOVE TO THE RIGHT IF YOU AREN'T PASSING!!!!
I don't understand why other drivers feel compelled to hang out in the left lane. It isn't the "fast" lane, because that would be subjective to ones perception of fast. It is the PASSING lane. That means when you aren't passing you should move out of the lane. No need to hang around.

Yes I understand that 2.5 miles ahead you see a car that you might actually pass in the next 10 minutes, but that doesn't mean you need to stay in the lane until you get there.
Personally I move over as soon as the pass is complete. I move over when there are faster cars behind me and I move over when there are no cars behind me. I move over because I am not passing. Please do the same.

Listen, the road is like a giant river. When you hang out in the wrong lane you become a log jam floating on the top of what otherwise is smooth flow. If enough of you do it, we might just end up with a lake.

Thank you for your attention. Perhaps tomorrow we will discuss the proper torture for the person that designed the Golden Glades interchange in Miami. They deserve real pain....

P.S. Today was an awesome day. I got a new pack of Stride gum...

No comments:

Post a Comment