Friday, March 26, 2010

The Kids are in town...

Daniel is home this week from college for spring break.  He brought with him a couple or friends.  Nate from TN and Zack from AL.  Aside from Zack being a UAT fan it has been nice having them in the house this week.

One of the cool things to see, is the fun these kids have experiencing things that I now take for granted.  Things like a beautiful 75 degree day in March, when the sun is out and the beach is beautiful. 

As I sit here right now writing this blog I can hear them in the other room talking about the basketball game.  One "upping" each other with stories about games they have seen and teams they root for.  I can hear the potato chips crunching and the soda cans opening.  I feel inspired by thier spirit and the joy they have for life.

I am worn out from tax season, tired from all the hours I have been working and it is easy to forget how awesome life can be.

I have the worlds best wife,  I have two fantastic kids,  a great son-in-law, parents who love and still are my biggest fans, a church where I am encouraged to serve God and make it to heaven and my job is better than any since I left KPMG.

The house will be quiet again on Saturday when Daniel, Zack and Nate head back to Freed-Hardeman.  I will miss thier sometimes noisy reminder of simply enjoying life.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. You had several in my office crying over this one. You are amazing. So glad you are my husband. Love you.

    ReplyDelete